We are well into 2016 already and feeling very hopeful and excited about the coming months. We did want to take a moment to wrap up 2015 with our final newsletter covering the 4th Quarter. Enjoy the stories here and be sure to follow us on Facebook to stay up to date with our work, successes and challenges. Hoping a strong and healthy 2016 awaits you.
Exciting Updates From The Field
- The last quarter of 2015 was a very strong one for client applications. In one November week alone we processed over 1650 applications! The end of the year is also a time that often finds too many of our clients in financial distress so we put extra checks and balances in place this year to help mitigate this distressing trend.
- Phakamani‘s workforce continues to grow. Two loan officer training courses were held in November to empower our staff to best support our clients.
- The growth in the kwaZulu Natal province continues to be strong we are preparing open two new branches there in early 2016.
- We are also very excited to announce the opening of the Mankweng branch in Limpopo on the 1st Jan of this year – we are off to a strong start!
- We continue to work to secure the funding from within South Africa for the current year and for years to come. Please consider making a donation to the Phakamani Foundation to allow us to continue to diversify our financial supporters.