Time continues to fly by! It is flying so fast that two-thirds of 2016’s second quarter is already over and we haven not had time to catch our breath and send you some updates from the first months of 2016. It is important for us to keep you informed of our successes and challenges and we continue to make it a priority to stay connected with you, our partners and supporters. We hope you enjoy this installment of the Phakamani Newsletter.
Hoping all is well in your corner of the world.
Exciting Updates From The Field:
- As at the end of May the number of new clients applying to Phakamani for assistance is up. The repayment rate is above 98% and along with the increased demand, retention is improving and client arrears are down.
- Our two newest branches in KwaZulu Natal (Eshowe and Nkandla) have started well and are on target.
- Another new branch in Limpopo (Tricardtsdal) is set open soon. The new staff members have been trained and first clients are expected towards the end of June.
- Additional business training is now being rolled out in each of our monthly centre meetings. Our team is developing a creative way to illustrate business issues using storytelling and comic strips.
- The project to install a new computer system is in full swing and we expect to be live by August.