Greetings from South Africa!
We trust that 2019 is off to a strong and positive start for you and your loved ones. Things are off and running here. As we reflected and planned for this new year the words “depth” and “expansion” kept surfacing. in 2019 we will encourage greater strengthening and growth within the existing groups to increase retention and develop greater awareness and ownership of applied business principles.
Exciting Updates From The Field
- As we wrapped up 2018, Phakamani Foundation was partnering with 31 500 active clients in 34 branches around South Africa – a 47% increase over the previous year
- We are well underway with plans to open another six branches in 2019 including establishing a presence in the Eastern Cape (one of South Africa’s poorest provinces) – the first two should be up and running during the 1st quarter
- Last year Phakamani invested significantly in staff training and development – this quarter we will reorganize the executive team to better support our growth:
- Gabriel Rapatsa will move from Operations to Audit and Quality Assurance
- Eric Mabunda will take responsibility for on the whole of Operations
- William Chauke will focus on Human Resources and Training